Sunday, May 2, 2010

Goodbye MJ, Goodbye Jo.

We knew all along we wouldn't keep any roosters.
Now that Joseph was crowing (thanks to ..uh..well, me, and some YouTube rooster sensation) we had to act fast.
I wrote notes to all our neighbors promising to get rid of him ASAP.

On June 25, 2009, we sold Joseph on Craigslist, to a used car salesman for $10.
I know the exact date, because it was the same day Michael Jackson died.
Interestingly, his new owner named him Elvis.

We handed him off, drug deal style, smack in the middle of the car lot, as he looked back at us with his beady little chicken eyes as if to say,
"YOU did this to me, YOU DID THIS TO MEEEE!"

But like I said, we knew all along we wouldn't keep any roosters and besides, he would have learned to crow on his own inevitably.......... right?

He is now spending his days on a farm with several other Blue Andalusian ladies, where he is no doubt, the King.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! Daja sent me to this blog so I knew it would be ab-fab! All my chicks just got a 30 day eviction notice so I'm about to foment a chicken rebellion at my blog and in my town!!! Stay tuned!

    I'm writing the chicken manifesto tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete